Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Apron Strings!

This weekend I had a little bit of time on Sunday to dive into my scrapbook stuff.  It felt great!  It was nice to just have a few hours to create and look through all of my things.


At the same time, my favorite kit club, Apron Strings Designs had a number of challenges on their blog in celebration of their sixth birthday!  Wow!  Six years!  Way to go Apron Strings.  It's hard to keep a small business going, and Lori does an incredible job; every month is even better than the previous month and I get to try lots of new things.


So, I chose two challenges that I thought I would be able to get done in the time that I had.  First, I took on challenge #3: "make your journaling more than an afterthought." I knew the perfect layout!  I wanted to write about Big Picture Classes, and all of the fun I have been having.  For this layout I started with my journaling, rather than a photo.  I never do that!  Thanks for the challenge to get me going. Here is my layout.

Journaling Challenge
Second, I took on challenge #2: sketch challenge.  I love Becky Fleck, and her sketches at Page Maps.  Here is the sketch:

And, here is my take. I had a lot of fun, and it the photos brought back wonderful memories from a long weekend in November.
Challenge #2: Sketch Challenge

Did I mention that I have a new Cricut???  That will have to be on another post :) 

2 comments:

  1. Really like how the journaling is literally the center of your layout!! Great job on that challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - Big Picture rocks! LOL, I think I'm addicted - to yet another thing. Second, love the movement and layers on the sketch layout. Third - thanks for the sweet things you said about Apron Strings. Forth, you keep rolling right along, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete