First, Twelve. with Stacy Julian at Big Picture Classes is incredibly inspiring. It is a process-oriented class and the goal is to scrap 12 layout each month. In January I finished 9 layouts, which is pretty good. Here is a favorite from those layouts.
I know that in February I will make the goal, as I am also tackling the challenge of LOAD.
LOAD (LayOut A Day) this February, Past Perfect is a good way for me to begin to scrapbook some of my old photos (that my mom just found!). Here is a favorite from day 2. Photo from 1985.
This layout was inspired by a scrapbook starting point from Shimelle.
I'm really enjoying these starting points, maybe even more than sketches, which I almost always use. Shimelle has really inspired me to think about using blocks of pattern paper and layer different blocks together in different ways.
LOAD update: so far, 3 days, 3 layouts! I'm already thinking about my plan for today's layout: The More Things Change.
Finally, last weekend I went on a great trip to IKEA and purchased two new storage shelves. The trip was almost as much fun as reorganizing my scrap room. I am proud to say that my Golf held EVERYTHING we bought! Love this.
At the same time I was doing this we had lights (!!!!!!) installed in our closet. The dark closets have bugged me since the day we moved in. I love turning on the light EVERY DAY! Now I have light, organization and plenty of inspiration for scrapping.
Here is a before shot of the room and the closet.
And now!
Finally, here is my new punch storage shelf, reused from the old pantry in our old kitchen. I guess there is a reason that we've held on to this shelving for so long! And, it looks like I have room for a few more punches...
Thanks for reading.
























No comments:
Post a Comment