Sunday, August 15, 2010

Photo Assignment #4

For this assignment, Apron Strings Blog challenged me to look for things around my house that make me happy.  Little touches here and there.  I spent a few days on this, thinking and shooting and then editing.  My husband kept asking, "What are you doing?"  I guess he thought it was weird that I was taking a photo of the light fixture.

In the end, I realized that I had a theme!  Three light fixtures and four photos of little display areas.  My husband usually does the display type decorating, and he has a great eye.  I love the little art pieces and touches that we have picked up over the years.

First, the lighting.

This light hangs over the kitchen sink and I love it!  We picked this out from an antique lighting store, and it is an old-fashioned glass design. We splurged on this piece and kept the rest of the lighting simple.




This little light is in our guest room.  I like the shaped and the color.  It is probably the most interesting thing in the guest room, and I love the look it gives.


Our third bedroom is actually the TV room.  We spend more time in there then I should admit :)  We bought this light from a woman who takes old fixtures and re-wires them.  It is hand painted and gives the room just a little extra character.

After this photo assignment, I realize that I really like lighting!  In fact I like light in general.  I'm one of those people who likes to have every light on.  My husband is good at going behind me and turning everything off.

Now, for my other little loves around the house.  Tchotchkes...

This vase was hand-thrown and wood fired.  It is even more beautiful in person.  Sometimes I feel like we decorated the living room around it!


I just love how these look together.  I never would have thought of it, but my husband did!
Another little area.  He fusses with these decorations and sometimes I walk by and notice that they are different.  I love that.
This is the last photo, but was actually the first place that I thought of.  I have all of these silver frames with loved ones (and the church where we were married).  They sit on top of my dresser and they make me very happy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the touches around your house! And yes, as I was looking at the first few, I though "she's got some nice fixtures" :D

    Isn't it funny the things you see everyday, but when asked to focus on them only then you realize how they make you feel?

    ReplyDelete