Sunday, November 21, 2010

Update on my Big Picture Class

I have been having the best time in my class with Nic Howard.  I think that this is the best $ I've spent in a long time.  A lot of enjoyment for the expense.  I really think you should check out Big Picture Classes!

Since I last posted I made my way through the green lesson and the blue lesson.  I think that the blue layout is my most favorite layout of all time (at least until the next one!).  I really struggled with the green layout, mainly because I didn't have the right kind of photos (vertical).  In the end, I think that it is OK.

So, let me share.  Here are my color cards for green (the Alhambra in Granada, Spain)
 and blue (photo of Aegean Sea in Karabarun, Turkey):


And, here is the sketch for the green LO:
Followed by my take on the inspiration.  I'm still trying to layer and challenge myself to do different sorts of things (isn't that the point of a class?).  Here I wet and rolled the edges of my paper to give it dimension. I also turned it into a two-page spread.
Now, here is the LO for the blue lesson:
 And, my take. 
This is inspired by G and is a tribute to him and our time together.  We really miss him.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: