I didn't really know what I would learn, or what the content would really be about. While the class is about color, and how to use different colors in your layouts, it is also about the techniques that the instructor uses. She uses a lot of layering and dimensional details. I'm challenging myself to go outside of my comfort zone and try something new.
This week we are focusing on yellow and orange. These are two of my favorite colors (I'm always running out of yellow!). First, I completed my color cards for the week:
![]() | |||
| Yellow Color Card |
![]() |
| Orange Color Card |
Finally, there was a Build It lesson. Here is the sketch from Nic.
I really loved this layout, and was inspired. I followed her directions and practiced layering and creating dimension. I also added a second page to make it a two-page layout. I think that it turned out pretty cute! On the right hand side the border is like a fringe, and adds dimension when you see it in person.
![]() |
| Yellow/Orange Build it Project |



















No comments:
Post a Comment