Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Week of Creative Retreat

I'm so enjoying (already) Creative Retreat with May Flaum.  She is generous, inspiring and never makes you feel guilty.  I am really using her class as inspiration, and trying to keep on with my scrapbooking.  It is fun to try new things, and see a different style.

This weekend I didn't have a ton of time for scrapping, but I am still making progress.  First, I created this layout, inspired by one in Creative Retreat.  I didn't know what to do with all of these photos of food from Turkey, but now they are in the album!  My DH came by and said that he loved it!  And, he was excited to have it in the album.  We really loved the food :)

Eating our way through Turkey
I also worked on some cards for this week, and prepared a layout about Christmas using a template for a holiday mini book from Big Picture Classes, created by Kayce Rehn.  This is something different for me, so I am excited to see how it turns out.  It is going to be in a 12 x 12 page protector with 6x4 openings.  One side will be a photo and the other will be from the template.  I think that it will be fun.  Working with Ali Edwards, in her class, is helping me to see that my books can be a combination of many different things.  I like how freeing that is, as well as inspiring.  It opens up a whole new world. 

Holiday Mini Book Images
Speaking of my other class, Yesterday and Today, I have totally fallen behind.  But, I'm about to change all of that as soon as I'm done with this post.  I have to see what is there for this week and get to work.  I might have some time this week, even, as DH has a lot of night meetings.  Cereal for dinner and time to scrap?  Maybe!

Finally, I was super excited to send off all of my 12x12 digital pages to Persnickety Prints.  They are having a big sale right now, and it is the perfect time to order.  These will be my first ever digital pages...so excited to see what they look like when they arrive.

2 comments:

  1. Love your take on May's class. I've also fallen behind on Ali's class but I got another one done today. So much inspiration over at BPC

    ReplyDelete