Last weekend I had the luxurious and wonderful chance to go away and scrapbook all weekend. I left work early on Friday, which was lovely and made for an extra long weekend. I picked up Deborah and we headed for the
Camano Craft Hideaway.
We spent the weekend with six other folks who I did not know...but I do now! We already signed up for next year. Really, do I have to wait a year??? Here we are at the end of the weekend.
 |
| The happy (and color coordinated) scrappers. |
While I was there, I worked on our photos from Turkey. At first I was totally overwhelmed by the sheer number of photos. I was trying to squeeze them into 10 layouts. Why, you ask? I don't know! It was just some rule that I made up in my mind. When I let go of my silly rule, it all went much better. Here are the layouts that I completed (those of you who know the itinerary will see that some pages are missing. Yes. I still have some work to do.).
 |
| Istanbul |
 |
| Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque |
 |
| Topkapi Palace |
 |
| Bosphorus Cruise |
 |
| Izmir with the Georgers |
 |
| Road Trips with R & G |
 |
| Ah...Sirince |
 |
| Karabarun |
Deborah and I also worked on creating an "Inspiration Journal" for our next
Big Picture Class:
Creative Retreat. I'm super excite because I am taking it with Deborah and Denise. This is our virtual scrapbook retreat. I just have to make some time for it.
 |
| Inspiration Journals |
Finally, I spent this weekend unpacking, reorganizing and moving all of my layouts into their correct album. I finished a title page and an end page and this layout for my favorite
Apron Strings Designs. This was based on this sketch, and is of the party we had before the Dyettes moved to HK.
 |
| Goodbye Dyettes |
All in all, a productive weekend.
Briel, these are great! You've given ME some great ideas and inspiration to get a few of the other things I've been putting off, done! One of the reasons I'm doing the Yesterday and Today Class is that it loosely gives me some deadlines. If I make my own I procrastinate far too much and spend my time trying to get organised to scrap rather then doing it! Have a good week
ReplyDelete