Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Birthday Party Continues!

It was a rainy weekend here, and it made for some good scrapping time.  I was inspired by the challenges at Apron Strings Designs...as I mentioned, it is their 6th birthday!  During the week I wrote down the challenges, and then I used that as a starting off point for my creating.

My first project was based on challenge #6: Your challenge for today create a layout using banners.  I have been seeing a lot of banners in layouts, both online and in magazines, but I haven't really done any myself.  I decided to use this challenge for my title page.  I used "banners4all" from the {Stamps of Life} and "funky4lowabc".  I really like how it turned out.

Next, I started with the idea of challenge #9: Today add a bit of chaos to your page by putting something on an angle.  As I worked on the right hand page, I was suddenly completing challenge #5: Today incorporate scrapbook's version of Sprinkles:  Use at least 10 Buttons or Brads or, dare I say, Eyelets on your layout. I hadn't used eyelets in years!  But, it was fun to pound away (I don't have a crop-a-dial).  Here they are together.  This is from our trip to Turkey, and it was fun to look over these photos again.  I actually used a lot of different types of techniques on the right hand side, and after awhile I just wanted to be done.  But, I do like how it turned out.  I especially like the waves on the bottom of the left hand page.

I am trying to get to know my new cricut machine.  I still often have to cut things twice to get the right size.  BUT, I'm loving the letters and using paper to make the letters.  I can see that I might have to start collecting cartridges!

Have a great week :)

1 comment:

  1. HURRAY!! Cricut, eyelets, pages. It's all good!! You're doing fantastic, keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete