Once again Apron Strings Designs kept me inspired and challenged with their birthday party on their blog. I was super excited to see that I even won a prize last week! But the best prize is having time to scrap and create.
My first creation, for Birthday Party Day #12: For your layout today, use at least four 1-2" strips of paper; no flames required was actually a birthday card (with flames!). I make the background with 5 strips of paper. I really like how it turned out. The cake stamp is from {The Stamps of Life}. I have already used this set a ton, and it fun for making birthday cards.
My second creation was for Birthday Party Day #13 Today, use the following sketch from Sketchy Thursdays (love this site) on at least two layouts and I had a lot of fun with this one. I am still waiting for a photo for the left side (from the birthday boy's mom), but I really wanted to work on this layout.
Finally, I combined my work from my class at Big Picture Classes (Yesterday and Today with Ali Edwards) with Birthday Party Day #11 Today create a layout using 6 or more photos - the more the merrier, right? :) I've been a bit behind, but I completed this layout for week 9. This is a day in my life! It was fun, and interesting, and I think that I will do something like this once a year or so. It is a nice addition to what I usually scrap about.
So, that about covers it...I can't wait to see what Lori throws at us this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















Nice card!! Gorgeous layouts. I like the Ali one. Very cool. Thanks for letting me know about the link - I must mis-scrolled or something. It's fixed now.
ReplyDeleteBriel - well done! I like the stamp you used on your card, and the title of your first layout is brilliant!
ReplyDeleteYour day in the life layout is fantastic! It looks like a page out of a magazine - really cool!