Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shimelle Challenge

One of the new blogs I am following is Shimelle Laine's blog.  I like her ideas and have been enjoying the content there.  I first heard got to know her on the Paperclipping Roundable.  I loved how she talked about traveling and scrapbooking about her travels.

Last weekend she posted a ton of wonderful challenges.  I thought for sure that I would get at least three done.  Well, I didn't.  But, I did get one done.  It must have been the perfect challenge at the perfect time.

The Let's Go Retro Challenge was to scrapbook a photo from before 2011.  For some reason this was just the nudge I needed to grab a group of photos that I had been stashing to scrap from our old house.  These were photos from 2002-2005 of the front yard.  Now that we don't live there (and haven't for four years!) I haven't been very inspired to scrapbook them. 

But, I picked them up and whipped out this layout, which I actually really like.  Because Shimelle lives in London, I have all of 10 minutes to get this posted and linked!

I wish that I had completed more challenges, but I have been distracted by The Big Idea Festival at Big Picture Classes.  I'm sure that you will see a post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment