Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal Your Christmas--the layout

I have been thinking a lot about the prompts and information coming from Shimelle for Journal Your Chirstmas, but until today I had not actually DONE anything!

It felt so great to sit down and play with paper and stickers and photos and all of my craft goodies.  I am totally inspired right now by kraft, red and white.  So delicious.  You will see this from my first page.

I decided to use divided page protectors for this project.  It will go in my Things We Do album, in the Christmas section.  I don't know how many pages it will be, and it doesn't matter!  I will just play and have fun and do as much as I am inspired to do this year. 

I am using Basic Grey Nordic Holiday papers and the American Craft "Elf" thickers.

Here is what my first page looks like:
This included prompt 1: Manifesto, prompt 2: weather, and prompt 4: dreams.  On the back I will add in our Christmas card into the bigger section, for prompt 3.

I already prepped the other side, so I'm ready for the week ahead. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good!
    This was my first plan too.
    But I do have a way of changing plans up untill the last minute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks ace! I love ur dividing pages idea, see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your attitude - just playing about and seeing what happens without stressing is definitely the way to go.

    You asked about Christmas pudding - it's like a very dark fruit cake mixture which is steamed for many hours to cook it. It's traditionally eaten here on Christmas Day as dessert, with cream or custard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of incorporating this into your "Things we do" album...takes the pressure off of thinking it has to be its own album with daily entries!

    ReplyDelete