Sunday, December 11, 2011

Journal Your Christmas--Week 2







I am so excited about my second week of work on Journal Your Christmas with Shimelle Laine.  I am having a lot of fun, and trying to use each day to think about the holidays in a special and joyful way.  This has been a bit of a challenging December, as my DH's family is facing some difficult health issues.  This makes Christmas planning a little more challenging than usual.

I have stuck with my plan of using divided page protectors, and I am loving the small size.  It is quite manageable and I am just doing the prompts that make sense to me this year.  As this is my first year, this seems like a good approach.

Here is page 2:
I have our Christmas card, along with our Christmas letter (tucked inside).  I journaled below all about our process for creating, choosing and mailing our cards.  Did I mention that I LOVE Christmas cards???

This page includes responses to the prompts for days 3 (Christmas card), 7 (Christmas to-do list) and 9 (Christmas tradition).

One thing that I love is my hidden journaling.  I cut an opening in the top of the pocket so that you can pull the hidden journaling out.  Here is a picture:
Overall, I'm very happy with my progress!   I can't wait to work on this more and share my progress. I will probably keep up this pace with about one full page each week.  So, check back later this week!


4 comments:

  1. The great thing about hidden journaling is that it really frees you up to write whatever you want. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the divided page protectors... super cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Briel, thx for stopping by...a newbie?...ur ace! Love ur blog! My book is 6x6 American Crafts, I used it for my September, Learn something new everyday...take care c u again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. High five for divided page protectors! These pages look wonderful displayed together like this, and I really like your hidden journalling idea.

    ReplyDelete