Monday, April 2, 2012

Scrapping with Deborah

On Saturday I was so lucky.  I got to spend almost the entire day with my friend Deborah.  We settled into the dining room and spread out our scrapbook gear.  One one point, my DH came in and laughed at how much of a mess we had created!

But, the reason that we had a mess was that we had been seriously creating.

I want to share two layouts from the day.

First, another layout based on Shimelle Laine's work.   I just love these starting points!  Here is what she gave us to start with:
I loved all of these layers!  I had a lot of fun, and used some photos from one of our snow days.  I love the photos of my friend Karen arriving on skis.
Those penguins really cracked me up.  I love how it turned out.

My final layout was a two-pager.  I used to only scrap two-page layouts; now this is more unusual as I have been enjoying the one-pagers.  This was inspired by a layout by Shelly Jaquet in Scrapbooks Etc. magazine.

Here is my take:
I just love that photo of my niece cashed out in the car!  We had a lot of fun that day, almost as much fun as I had with Deborah!

It felt good to really dive into the scrapbooking and give myself enough time to enjoy the process.  Plus, working with a friend was inspiring and encouraging.  It's nice to have someone who you can bounce ideas off of and talk about the process.

It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment