Saturday, April 7, 2012

Preparing an 80th Birthday Album

In March, my grandfather turned 80.  As a way to mark this milestone he is hosting an 80th birthday party in April.  As my gift to him, I said that I would create a scrapbook.  My email was shared in the invitation, and I have been collecting photos and memorabilia over the past month.  I love reading the different stories by different people who know him in different ways.

Now, however, it is time for the work to begin.  I have the bits and pieces, and I have to begin to assemble the book.

In January, during the CHA peeks, I saw this album

by Simple Stories.  I LOVED it!  It looked perfect for my grandfather, and I loved all of the variety.  Then I had to wait and wait...finally it was released in March and I ordered it right away.  I also order quite a few of the Documented items. 

I particularly like the 4x6 journaling cards.  I think that they will be great to have on-hand at his party.  People can write a note, share a story, and then I can easily add it to the album.  Here are some examples:
I now have everything in front of me and it is time to get busy!  I will share back the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment