This weekend, with the extra day, I was finally able to clear off my scrapping desk and the piles around me. There are still some piles, but they are much more organized! I am also preparing for a weekend away scrapping with my friend (yay) so this was a good time to get ready so that I will get a ton done. So excited!
I found some memorabilia from a trip in 2007 that I had lost for the past three years! I was so excited. I knew that I had these things, so I never finished this album. Let me tell you, it felt GREAT. Now that is all taken care of. Plus, it was fun to revisit our trip to Japan.
I also made about 8 cards and got them ready to mail. That was an achievement as well. But, doesn't it feel good when you do something that you know you should do and that someone else will appreciate?
I was able to file and sort through a number of photos, and I am beginning to organize some of my older photos in different ways. I'm thinking about the kinds of pages I want to make sure to finish (and start) that are important to my story.
I think that I am inspired to do this because of the class I am taking with Ali Edwards. It really forces you (in a good way) to go down memory lane and question what is really important. I have had a lot of fun looking at old photos, remembering good memories and taking the time to write some stories down. This week the prompt was for six childhood memories. While it is hard to pick 6, I let the photos do the talking, and just went with the photos that called out to me. In one case, I wrote a story without a photo; I'm proud of myself for doing that, because it is a good story about me.
Here is my layout. I am still going digital with this class, and I will be so curious to see how these print up! I'm going to send a batch to be printed as the shipping is the biggest cost. If I can be patient, I will wait until the class is over. However...I don't know if I can be that patient!
Thanks for stopping by, I'm enjoying sharing with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment