I am also back at work on my Ali Edwards class at Big Picture Scrapbooking (Yesterday and Today). Even though the class officially ends this week, I have been very behind. I went through and made sure that I had downloaded everything, and that I looked to see what weeks really made the most sense for me to complete. I completed week 12 this week, and started on week 11. Week 11 requires a week's worth of self-portraits, which is why I couldn't finish it this weekend! Anyway, there are a couple more weeks that I want to complete, and then I will be done (for me).
Final score: Weeks completed: 7 Weeks not completed: 4 Weeks in progress: 1
Okay, so here is my work from this week.
First, the Ali Edwards work. Week 12 was all about ephemera. I had this bag of things that I had saved from our Turkey trip, and I thought that this was just about perfect. I hadn't really known what do with this stuff. So, I took a divided page protectors, journaling blocks from Ali Edwards, and created something totally new. I've never done this before, so it also works for the Apron Strings Designs Birthday Challenge #14: Today, do something new to you on your layout: mists, paint, sewing, decoupage ;), chipboard, hand cutting, building your own embellishments, etc.. I'm still trying to fit it into my album, and I have a plan! I have a couple more spreads to finish, so now I can work around this. I think that I may try this idea on a regular basis, and have a divided page protector in every album, holding random stuff from the time covered. We'll see...
![]() |
| Yesterday & Today: Week 12: Stuff |
Second, I felt like scrapping some Christmas photos, and was inspired by some things I saw from some of the other designers. For Challenge 15: Today create a layout using at least three different patterned papers. I went a little crazy and used about 6 different patterned papers. I love how it turned out! The patterned papers make up the strip on the left, the journaling block, the circles and the decorations. I used some of the strategies that I learned from Nic Howard in her class that I took in the fall.
Finally, for Challenge #17: Today, incorporate a box, or block, on your layout. I used this beautiful paper from Fancy Pants (Tradition). I hadn't really known how to use the tree, which I loved. However, I really like how this turned out. I was pleased with the effect of cutting the edge of the tree and tucking the square underneath.
I'm not sure how much I will be able to get done next week. My MIL comes into town and I'm sure that we will be busy together.
Thanks for stopping by!


















Love all these layouts! Particularly the tree one. The sort of thing that I would get stuck with too!
ReplyDeleteGreat layouts! I was always intrigued by those divided page protectors, but I've never figured out how to incorporate them. Great inspiration! And I love how you tucked your photo block behind the tree!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, awesome and awesome! I am really intrigued by the divided page protectors, but until I work my way through my stash of albums, I can't look at them seriously, but love them and admire them from afar. Awesome work on all your layouts!
ReplyDeleteWell done Briel! I love how you used the divided page protector. All the little accents on your middle page are wonderful, and cutting the tree out and tucking the photos behind it was a great idea.
ReplyDelete