Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Mother LOAD: Week Two

14 layouts done! 

I am starting week three of The Mother LOAD at Big Picture Classes.  I have two weeks under my belt.

I'm so amazed that I have kept up the scrapping, even with work being so busy. Sometimes I come home and I think that there is NO WAY I will scrapbook.  Then, I sit down and think that I'll just pick photos, or the paper, or the sketch...and then boom!  I'm almost done.  It has been very liberating and inspiring.

I'm excited to share my layouts from week two.  I'm trying not to over-think things, and to go with my initial feeling.  If I think too much then I start over-thinking and rethinking and not doing!  Lain always says to change up the prompts as much or as little as you need.  Sometimes I start off thinking that I won't follow the prompt, but I almost always do!  I love thinking about it all day and coming home to create something.

Day 8: Create a page about what you need.

Day 9: Use scraps to create a layout.

This layout is based on a Starting Point from Shimelle Laine.  I've really been enjoying her blog, tutorials and inspiration.

Day 10: Use a kit (and a black and white photo--I didn't do this part)

Day 11: Sketch Challenge
Sketch from Lain

Day 12: Use a sub-par photo on your layout.
I added journaling around the edge of the paper.

Day 13: Ritual

Day 14: Stamp on a scrapbook page
This layout looks better in person.  The dirty looking parts are actually shiny bits of loveliness from Perfect Pearls.  I love how this page looks!  I created a poem based on The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown.  I highly recommend reading it (the book) if you haven't!

Now, I've got to get to work on week three!  Check back next weekend for a round-up of these layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment