Wednesday, May 16, 2012

80th Birthday book, part 2

I am almost done with my grandfather's 80th birthday book.  I have a few little things to do (like deciding what to do on the cover...any suggestions?).  But, otherwise it is done.  I also want to create a dedication/closing page from me to him. 

The colors of the invitation nearly matched the album; an amazing coincidence.  Because of that I really kept the color scheme simple, mostly creams and browns.

Here is the title page:
Then, I divided the book into sections.  The first section is for items that people mailed or emailed.  I collected them and tried to organize them in a meaningful way.  Here is the section divider for that part of the book and one page from inside.
The next section is a historical look at my grandfather's life in photos.  Here is the section title for that section, and then one two-page spread.  You can really get the idea from these photos.
I really suggest using a coordinated line when you are doing a project like this.  That way, no matter what people send to you, the overall look will be consistent.  I had a lot of fun on this, and I think that it will really mean a lot to my grandfather. 

I would love to know about any of your projects like this.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment