This weekend my goal was to finish up my album from last year (through July). I had all the little bits left: some journaling here, a title there, and just a couple layouts. Of course these are the ones that I haven't done because I wasn't inspired.
Luckily for me, I had a yummy bag of goodies from Lori at Apron Strings. I spent a little time digging through the papers, looking for something to get me going. I LOVE how this layout turned out. I used Cosmo Cricket papers (really they are geared for a wedding, but I think that they worked beautifully for Rome). I love how they all went together. I even pulled out my old QuicKutz...which I haven't used in ages. See, all of the stuff is worthwhile after all!
Overall this weekend was a success...scrap area cleaned, album finished, and I used some special paper from the Cookie Jar Treat. Thanks Lori for keeping me inspired.
PS If you have been reading along (and I don't really know who is...) you might have noticed on my title page (below) for the challenge that it says Dec 2009-July 2010. Well, that was wrong! I am almost caught up on my scrapping, but not that caught up! I was making the label for my album (on the spine), when I realized that I had the date wrong! I laughed so hard, because at the time I kept confusing myself. At any rate, I fixed the date, slid in this last layout and with the correct date on the album, I put it on the shelf. Then, I spent some time looking at old albums (2003). The style is very CM and simple, but you know what, I loved looking through those old memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















Holy cow! You were cruising. Good for you and good for you for finding inspiration! I had to chuckle at the date stuff - I suffer from that all the time. To-date, I still have two layouts of DH's birthday, both are titled "Big 4-0" the problem is only one of them is truly his 40th and I've yet to figure out which one it is!
ReplyDelete