I was excited to hear that Shimelle would be back this year with new sketches and starting points. These are some of my favorite inspirations. Somehow she just throws a few pieces of patterned paper down, and it looks great!
I started with this sketch. I had two photos ready to go, and thought that this would be perfect. In the end the two photos were hard somehow; I think that the colors were just different enough that it was hard to find something that would work. But, I persevered! In the end I like the page, and I am glad that I captured the memory.
I have also been working my way through one of Shimelle's classes: Pretty Paper Party. This class originally ran in 2011 and a group of us are going through it together again right now. It has a ton of ideas and inspiration for using patterned paper (or pretty paper of any kind!). I was inspired by a challenge to use stripes and dots on the same layout and patterned paper as a background for another (not hard for me these days!!!) Both are below.
Now, it's time for LOAD!
a

















No comments:
Post a Comment