Friday, January 25, 2013

LOAD 213 Blog Hop

WELCOME!

This is my first ever blog hop, and I am thrilled that it is all about LOAD. If you just arrived from Cheryl, then you are in the right place. Lost? Heather is the beginning of the hop.

LOAD, what could that mean?

LayOut A Day...LOAD. This term was created by the fearless Lain Ehmann.
Lain Ehmann
I remember reading about LOAD before I ever tried it myself. I shook my head and said, "That is crazy!" And, it is! It's crazy fun!

The idea behind LOAD is that you make time EVERY DAY to scrapbook. And, by doing this you figure out more about your own process, what it is that drives you and how to fit in crafting every day.

I first tried out LOAD through Big Picture Classes, and Lain's class there, The Mother Load. This 12 week class was all about preparing and then undertaking a layout a day. I think that this was a good way for me to get started and try it out.

Since then, I have participated in two additional LOAD challenges, February 2012 and May 2012. I go about this a bit differently than some folks, and that is what I love. This is guilt-free scrapbooking, and you get to do what works for you.  Yes, I have tried to complete a page a day, and I often do, but NOT ALWAYS and that is OK.

The theme for LOAD213 is Scrap Happier, and I can't imagine a better theme. I'm always trying to remember that this hobby is supposed to be fun, and it is! If you are lucky, there might still be spaces available. Click here to find out!

In order to help you plan and stay happy during LOAD we have put together this hop to share our thoughts and ideas.

Here is what I have learned:
  1. There is time almost every day to scrap
  2. I feel good when I create, rather than just watch TV (fun too!)
  3. I love connecting to my photos and memories
  4. I love the community and positive responses
  5. I love Dani's daily videos!
  6. I am inspired when I create and this impacts my entire life, not just scrapbooking.
  7. LOAD is fun, fun fun!
Here are some tips for you to prepare:
  1. Have adhesive. Lots of adhesive.
  2. Print out your photos and have them ready. I find that it is easier to complete a page a day with one or two photos per page, and one page spreads. Sometimes 2-pagers work, but they are harder.
  3. Clean off your workspace before, but don't worry about cleaing during!
  4. Plan meals ahead.
  5. Think about hard days, where you have a lot going on. When can you find 30-45 minutes to scrap?
  6. Don't stress are worry. Whatever you do is perfect and better than if you did nothing.
Some thoughts for during LOAD:
  1. Try to visit the gallery and give some love.
  2. Share YOUR layouts in the gallery, you will get some love! 
  3. Don't spend too long in the gallery (it is fun, but don't forget to craft).
  4. Don't compare yourself to others: REALLY. Just do your own work and enjoy the process. Sometimes I get really involved and spend three hours (gasp) on one page and it is pure pleasure. Other times I can get it done in 20 minutes and feel great.
  5. If the prompt doesn't work, just skip it! The point is to craft every day.
When this is all over, or maybe even during the fun, you might want to consider Lain's private group, Scrap Happy. We are a community of friendly scrappers, and we keep the fun going between LOAD challenges, and sometimes even have our own LOAD challenge!

Ready to hop forward? Click here to visit Marygail!

Want to see some of my previous posts about LOAD? You can read them here, here, here, here, and here.

Here is a list of the entire blog hop!

Katrina Forman

Briel Schmitz: YOU ARE HERE!

Marygail Mello:Go Here Next!

12 comments:

  1. Great advice to not compare yourself to other scrappers. Every person has their own style. How your story looks is nowhere near as important as just telling your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. briel,
    You've helped me a ton to relax and remember the "happy" part. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you said about not comparing yourself to others! Such good advice (that I need to follow more often!) also love your lists! Thanks for sharing!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Briel,

    I agree with you on how inspiring it is to access our creative selves! It touchs so many aspects of our lives and the lives of others, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous post! I really like your approach to LOAD and your writing style makes me feel like we're old friends chatting :) And you're totally spot on about the not comparing - Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your thoughts during LOAD but I'm so glad I'm digital, no mess to clean up!
    Lovely post!
    http://cherylmccainphotography.com (sorry, no name/url spot to sign in)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you make LOAD work for you and not stress about what you "should" be doing. Excellent advice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh! Blog hops can be addicting - you have been warned! You did great for your first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post - love the dont compare yourself to others and the great tips you included!!! Looking forward to seeing what you do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess we all here about how crazy we are for doing LOAD.! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your lists and suggestions. Especially the suggestion that we might be CRAZY! Might? I know I am!lol See you in 4 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete